06 Jul Vegan Summer Salad Recipes
The vegan lifestyle entails exclusion of anything that involves animal cruelty or exploitation. Therefore, instructions and ingredients in vegan recipes do not contain any animal products including meat, honey, eggs and dairy. During the summer season, vegans need to consume salads, which are cold dishes of multiple mixtures of cooked or raw vegetables that are seasoned with dressing of choice. The recipes dictate the ingredients required, and the steps for preparations. This article contains a few of the many vegan summer salad recipes that vegans can adopt.
Summer Veggie Salad
The summer veggie salad is best for occasions like summer picnics. Every serving contains 15.5 grams of fat, 282 calories, 0 mg cholesterol, 34.4 carbohydrates, 228 mg sodium and 7.7 g protein.
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped and seeded
- ¼ thinly sliced large red onion
- 1 halved pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 roughly chopped, bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 diced avocados
- One-15 ounce rinsed and drained can black beans
- 5 husked ears corn
- Put and cover the corn with inside a pot; bring to boil. For five minutes, use medium-low heat and simmer until it becomes tender. Drain the corn and cool. Remove the kernels from cob
- Mix the corn kernels, tomatoes, cilantro, onion, black beans, Jalapeño pepper and avocados in a bowl.
- Whisk lime zest, olive oil and lime juice in a separate bowl; pour over the corn mixture; toss to coat.
- Put in the refrigerator until chilled. Roughly for about 1 hour.
Summer Fruit Salad
The summer fruit salad is perfect for occasions like backyard barbecue. Each serving contains 0 mg cholesterol, 155 calories, 39 g carbohydrates, 0.6 g fat, 1.8 g protein and 5 mg sodium.
- 2 cups of blueberries
- 1 cup of seedless grapes
- 2 peeled and sectioned oranges
- 3 sliced bananas
- 3 sliced and peeled kiwi fruit
- 2 cups of sliced and hulled strawberries
- 2 cups of freshly cubed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of grated orange and lemon zest, each
- 1/3 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup of fresh orange juice
- Over medium-high heat, use a sauce pan to boil orange and lemon juice, orange and lemon zest and brown sugar. For five minutes, reduce the heat to medium-low, simmer the mixture until it becomes slightly thickened. Remove mixture from the heat, put vanilla extract and stir. Put aside to cool.
- Layer the fruits in a clear glass bowl; kiwi fruit, strawberries, pineapple, blueberries, oranges, bananas and grapes. Put the sauce over the fruit, cover and put in refrigerator for three to four hours. Serve.
In conclusion, the above recipes are a few of the many vegan summer salad recipes that you can adopt in the summer season. They are easy and fast to make and must be refrigerated as instructed to achieve the desired taste and keep your body cool due to the summer heat. For the best results, the fruits must be fresh.