02 Jan Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Pumpkin pie is a unique dish. Every Thanksgiving is time to enjoy a delicious slice of pumpkin pie.
Why the vegan pumpkin pie? Well, it is mega flavorful, soft, creamy, sweet and simply perfect. Shut away the noises from pumpkin pie critics in your life and take a bold step of preparing a delicious vegan pumpkin pie by yourself using this recipe.
Before the recipe, it is important to know that the hardest part about making vegan pumpkin pie is making the crust. You will need a pie crust which you can buy from the store as an uncooked pie crust. You can also make the crust yourself.
Preparing the pumpkin pie crust
- Add some flour, salt, and sugar into a food processor for combination
- Add some coconut oil, solid or melted, and pulse until the mixture is crumbly
- Add some ice water and continue processing until it forms a dough
- Remove the dough from the processor, form it into a ball, transfer to a floured surface and work on it using a rolling pin.
- Roll it to a giant circle that can fit in your pie dish.
- Place it in the fridge as you prepare the other ingredients.
Ingredients for the rest of the apple pie
- 2 ½ cups of pumpkin puree. Fresh pumpkin is the best choice
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of maple syrup or agave
- ¾ cup of milk, in this case almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice which you can easily make yourself
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- Begin by pre-heating your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, combine all the other ingredients minus the crust. Blend the ingredients until creamy and smooth. This should be for a minute or so. Otherwise, you can also decide to whisk your ingredients but this will take a lot of time and energy.
- Pour the pie filling into your pre-made crust and spread it out until it’s smooth. You can decide either to pre-bake your crust or not.
- Bake this over the oven about 60 minutes. Once ready, the top should be firm and the crust should be lightly browned around the edges. When the crust starts to get too brown around the edges, use a foil or pie protectors to cover the crust
- Once you are done baking in the oven, take it out of the oven and let it cool on the counter. Put it in the fridge for it to completely cool down. This cooling process really firms up the pie. Try and refrain from eating your pie immediately it’s out of the oven.
You can use a topping of your choice such as whipped coconut cream.
The vegan pumpkin pie is quite easy to follow. You just need to have a good crust and you are good to go. Prepare this pie for all your pumpkin craving seasons and you will be sure never to regret it. Vegan pumpkin pie is one delicious vegan pie. It will probably be the best pumpkin pie you have in your life.
Here’s a delicious vegan peach cobbler recipe you may also like.
Birthday coming up? Check out these 5 Delicious Vegan Birthday Cake Recipes.