29 Oct Vegan Candy Corn Recipe
Did you know that there are better and healthier alternatives to those packets of store bought candy corn? Well, it is quite possible to make your own vegan candy corn which is 100% vegan. The vegan candy corn is mainly made from brown rice syrup and a dash of vanilla. You can easily make it from the confines of your kitchen.
Candy corn is a popular snack on shelves especially when it starts to get colder. Unfortunately, most candy contain scary ingredients for a vegan. This is because most of the packaged candy corn contains animal-derived ingredients like beeswax, honey and gelatin. But who said that as a vegan you cannot enjoy vegan candy? There is a better way to make your own vegan candy corn using this vegan candy corn recipe.
- ¼ cup of brown rice syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of softened coconut oil or 1/3 cup of powdered soy milk
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup agave nectar
- Vegan red and yellow food coloring
- 5 tablespoons vegan butter
- ¾ cup of tapioca flour. Add 2 tablespoons for kneading
- Gather the ingredients.
- Line a large workspace and a large baking dish with parchment paper
- Mix together the brown rice syrup, vanilla, coconut oil, powdered sugar and tapioca flour in a bowl. Continue mixing until the mixture forms a thick dough.
- Separate the dough into three evenly sized balls
- Tint one dough red using red food coloring and another ball yellow using yellow food coloring. Use at least ½ teaspoon of food coloring and knead it into the dough until it is evenly colored. When you need to, you can add just enough additional tapioca to the mixture. This helps to keep the dough from becoming overly sticky. Leave your third ball uncolored.
- Sprinkle some tapioca flour in the parchment paper.
- Then roll about 1 tablespoon of each color dough into long and thin ropes.
- Place the ropes next to each other whilst you gently press down until about ½ inch thick. Slice the rope into nicely done triangle-shaped wedges.
- In a gentle manner, remove each candy corn piece and shape as desired. Place these pieces on the prepared baking sheet.
- Allow the candy corn to air dry for 24 hours. this will help it to harden,
- Afterwards, you can serve and enjoy your candy corns
As the weather cools off, people have become more acceptable of stocking candy in shelves. It is the social acceptable time to eat candy corn. Vegan candy corn will never disappoint you. They are much healthier and they will not disappoint you. Vegan candy corn recipe not only creates delicious candy but it is also a fun process. It gives you the space to get as creative as you can with the shapes and colors. You can easily follow through this recipe and have some delicious vegan candy corns to enjoy for your Halloween season.
If you don’t feel like making your own snack, you’ll be happy to know that some Takis are vegan too: Are Takis Vegan?