21 Apr Delicious Vegan Summer Cocktails
Vegan Summer Cocktails
Cocktails are an fun way to enjoying alcoholic refreshments. Plus, when taken in moderation, alcohol is actually good for you. Cocktail components however can be viewed as vegan unfriendly. For instance, white sugar used in conventional cocktails is refined using animal bone that is charred. Some alcoholic beverages used in cocktails contain honey and such as Drambuie, Yukon Jack, Cointreau, Grand Marnier among others.
Distilled beverages are considered safe for vegan consumption. During the fermenting process, some plant matter is left floating in the product and sometimes egg whites or isinglass is used during filtrations so you cannot be too sure about the distilled beverages either. Some companies however are choosing to make exclusively vegan alternatives. Deerfield Ranch Winery for instance uses bentonite clay. Humboldt Brewing used Irish moss which is a type of seaweed product. In Newyork, Saranac Brewery uses silica gel and diatomaceous earth in filtration.
More complex rums are mad using fermented sugar and therefore automatically vegan friendly.
Finding cocktail ingredients that are 100% vegan friendly requires a lot of research. Meanwhile to get you started, we have shared with you a few vegan summer cocktails recipes that will blow your mind.
Lavender Lemon Mojito
With this recipe you will get two small mojitos or one large mojito.
- 2 ounces of light rum
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 fresh lemon juice
- Fresh lavender leaves (1 tablespoon) and some springs for garnishing
- Soda water
- Mix the lemon juice, run, sugar and lavender in large glass or cocktail shaker and mix together well. You need to crush the lavender completely so as to release the flavors.
- Fill the rock glasses to serve with ice and fill each glass with the mixture. If you are making one large cocktail pour into one glass and top off the ice directly into the glass.
- Add some soda water into your glass or glasses and add the lavender garnish, lemon rounds and sprigs before serving.
Heartbreaker Rose Syrup Cocktail
To make this vegan summer cocktail you will need:
- An ounce of tequila
- 1 ounce of lemonade
- 1 ½ teaspoons of rose syrup (homemade or from the store)
- Crushed ice
- Hibiscus blossom from candid (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients in one jar. Mix well till all elements adhere which should be super easy.
- Serve over crushed ice.
- Add the candied hibiscus blossom as garnish. If you prefer you could add a few food grade rose petals.
Rasberry Wheat Beer Cocktail
This recipe should give you two pint glasses of this cocktail.
- 2 ounces of gin
- 1 ounce of elderflower liqueur (vegan)
- Half a cup of frozen rasberries
- One bottle of wheat beer
- Mix your liqueur, gin and raspberries together in a blender until you get a smooth puree.
- Divide your puree between 2 pint glasses. Add ice onto the puree, then wheat beer. Insert a straw and garnish with the remain raspberries before serving.
There are so many other vegan summer cocktail recipes available online. Check them out and have fine trying them out. Enjoy!
Discover if Are Vegans Against Pets?